Marine Strategy: Updated Assessment and Good Environmental Status for BGTW
In keeping with the requirements of the MSFD, the Department of the Environment, Sustainability, Climate Change and Heritage (DESCCH) seeks to gather feedback on the Assessment Update for British Gibraltar Territorial Waters (BGTW) with a focus on the following questions:
- Does the Assessment Update for BGTW provide an accurate reflection of the state of BGTW?
- To what extent are the proposed new criteria and associated targets sufficient to guide progress towards achievement of GES?
- To what extent are the proposed targets sufficient to achieve GES?
- Where gaps have been identified do you have suggestions on how these could be filled?
This consultation has particular relevance to:
- Groups or individuals who use the sea for whatever purpose or have an interest in it;
- Industries reliant on the sea including those sectors that may have an impact on the sea;
- Non-governmental organisations.
Written responses can be sent to:
Department of the Environment, Sustainability, Climate Change and Heritage
Leanse Place 2b
50 Town Range
Responses must be submitted by no later the 04th September 2020.
Copies of responses will be made available to the public on request. If you do not want your response including personal information to be publicly available, please say so clearly in writing when submitting your response to the consultation. Please note that it may not possible to capture all the consultation feedback in the final version of the report.
The consultation period has now ended.
The final version of the Updated Assessment and accompanying documentation can be viewed at the links below.
MSFD Updated Assessment and Good Environmental Status for BGTW
MSFD Assessment Update Appendix 2