Important Notice !
CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 – IMPORTANT NOTICE
H M Government of Gibraltar has introduced measures to manage the risk of Coronavirus COVID-19 that directly affect the way that the Department of Town Planning and Building Control will operate.
Please note the following changes that take effect as of 16 March 2020 until further notice:
- Payment of all fees must be done via bank transfer. The necessary bank details are provided on the fee letter that you would have received from the department. Payment of fees in person at our offices will not be permitted.
- Submission of planning and building control applications will only be accepted via the e-Planning Portal https://www.egov.gi/portal/classic. In exceptional cases, where the applicant is unable to submit via this method, then we will accept applications by email to be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any applicants/agents wishing to discuss their application should contact the relevant officer by telephone.
- There will be no access to our offices for members of the public.
- Members of the public wishing to view applications should do so via the E-Planning portal.
We hope that you will understand that the above changes are being introduced in the best interests of members of the public and staff.
The Town Planning section's remit covers the control and use of land, and the appearance of the built and natural environment. The section is responsible for forward planning, formulation of planning policy and development control. All "development" in Gibraltar requires planning permission (in addition to approval under the building regulations where relevant) before works may start. The decision-making authority is the Development & Planning Commission.
The Town Planning section's work also covers the administration of advertisement consent applications, applications for tax relief on external improvements, tables and chairs licences and sandwich board licences. The section works closely with Building Control and other government departments, agencies and non-statutory bodies on matters relevant to town planning.
Department of Town Planning & Building Control
Suite 631, Europort
Tel: +350 20075483
Fax: +350 20074086
Town Planner: email@example.com
Deputy Town Planner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday-Thursday: 8am - 4:30pm
Friday: 8am - 4:15pm